NETAPP – DATA ONTAP 8.0
Individuals who perform support and administrative functions on a NetApp storage
System running the Data ONTAP Operating system
• Basic knowledge of client/server and networking terminology management including TCP/IP. • Background in one of the following: UNIX, Windows® or SAN system administration
*Introduction to NetApp Products Web Based Training * Basic knowledge of client/server and networking terminology and management including TCP/IP * Background in administrating one of the following: UNIX, Windows(R), or SAN system
The students have a clear concept about DataONTAP after completing this course.
Students will have a in-depth knowledge about DataONTAP plus will
Clarify the most important purpose of a storage machine.
* Use a storeroom machine comfort to right of entry in addition to carry out commpluss.
* Determine a storage appliances system configuration.
* Manage a storage appliances configuration files from an adminhost.
* Setup aggregates plus volumes plus set volume specific options.
* Classify the material interfaces used by a storage appliance.
* Shape physical boundary parameters on a storage application.
* Shape the virtual interfaces (VLANs plus VIFs).
* Export storage appliances volumes to a host.
* Mount the exported file system from a host.
* Upgrade Data ONTAP via NFS, CIFS or HTTP.
* Join a storage appliance into a Windows 2000 domain using CIFS.
* Create Qtrees.
* Create, Map plus Access LUNS via a Windows(R) host.
* Create, Map plus Access LUNS via a SolarisT host.
* Initialize a storage system plus create a new file system.
* Install licenses.
* Install system files.
* Set the SnapshotTM schedule on a storage appliance.
* Restore a deleted file from the .snapshot directory.
* Create the etc quotas file.
* Restrict disk space using quotas.
* Backup a volume using a storage appliances native dump commplus.
* Backup a qtree using a storage appliances native dump commplus.
* Restore a volume using the native restore commplus.
* Restore a qtree using a storage appliances native restore commplus.
* Test NDMP services on a storage appliance.
• Introduction, Overview features and functions of Data ONTAP.
• Basic Administration
• Managing Disks and Volumes
• NFS Administration
• CIFS Administration Windows 2000
• Multiprotocol Administration
• SAN Administration
• Quotas Administration
• Administrating Backups
• Administrating Restores
• Vol copy
The trainer has 8 years of real time industry experience on NetApp storage , various storage products and virtualization technologies. Hands on experience on DATA ONTAP 7 mode and Cluster mode. Trainings will be conducted on simulator based environment and students can have their own lab sessions and practice the scenarios.
We are glad that you preferred to contact us. Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.