The IBM Storage product portfolio includes disk, flash, tape, NAS storage products, storage software and integrated solutions. IBM’s approach is to focus on data management. According to IBM, the company’s storage portfolio helps businesses lower costs, increase the speed of accessing data, and secure the safety of their data. This approach improves “data economics” for business critical needs, data intensive solutions, or for companies that want to start with a smaller solution that can grow as needed.
The IBM System Storage DS8000 is designed for high performance, reliability, and flexibility and works in a range of open server operating environments and the IBM System z mainframe. The DS8000 includes a range of features that automate performance optimization and application quality of service, as well as provide high levels of reliability and system uptime. The DS8000 offers specialized advanced functions optimized for IBM Power Systems and IBM System z servers. The DS8000 also can use self-encrypting drives for every drive tier to help secure data at rest.
Duration of Training: 6 weekends
IBM DS8K Storage Syllabus:
1. Basic Architecture of Disk array & Models
2. Basic Forms of Network Storage
3. Storage Area Network (SAN)
4. Storage Area Network Components
5. RAID Concepts
6. Fabric & Intro. To Zoning
7. Introduction to IBM DS8870
8. IBM DS8870 Model
9. DS8870 hardware components and architecture
10. RAS on the IBM DS8870
11. IBM DS8000 Copy Services overview
12. DS8870 HMC planning and setup
13. Virtualization concepts
14. IBM System Storage DS8000 features and licensed functions
15. Configuration with the DS command-line interface Overview
We are glad that you preferred to contact us. Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.