HVAC FOUNDATION Course offers core curriculum covering with topics like fundamentals, cooling load & heat loss calculations, central heating system design, air distribution system design, chilled water system design, chilled water piping design, commercial ventilation system design, kitchen ventilation system design, VAV system design, equipment selection etc.
HVAC-ADVANCED Fundamentals, Basic Components of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration machines, Classification of Air-Conditioning System, Categories of Air Conditioning, Study of Psychometric Charts, Load Calculation, Finding ‘U’ Factor, Air Distribution System, Static Pressure Calculation, Hydronic System, Air Conditioning Concepts, Fire Protection, HVAC software’s. XL sheet for Load Calculation. Duct sizer for Duct sizing. TroxCADBase for Diffuser & Grilles. Pipe sizer for Pipe sizing, Psychometric Software, projects.
Air Conditioning & Ventilation Jobs
ITI,ITC, Diploma, Engineering Students.(Mechanical, Production )
25 days with 2hrs per day = 50 hrs theory & practical.
HVAC Theory And Practical.
E Books Pdf & References
1. HVAC Fundamentals
2. Basic terminologies in HVAC: TR, COP, EER, SEER, IPLV, Btu, etc
3. Concepts of Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Fluid Flow
4. Pressure fundamentals, System Pressures and resistance.
5. Modes of heat transfer: Conduction, Convection and Radiation
6. Basic Refrigeration cycle
7. Equipment familiarization: Compressor, Condenser, Metering device and
8. Analysis of VCC: Pressure – Enthalpy diagram
9. Introduction to Air Conditioning: Comfort and Process applications
10. Types of Air Conditioning Systems: All Air, All water, Air – Water and Direct
11. Central and Compact air conditioning systems
12. Psychrometry: Psychrometric terms, Psychrometric processes, Use of
Air Conditioning Load calculations:
1. Introduction to Air Conditioning load calculations
2. Load Estimation methods: Carrier E20, Carrier HAP, ASHRAE RTSM
3. Load Components: Sensible and latent
4. Building Survey, Outdoor and Indoor Climatic conditions
5. Calculation of U factor for Walls, Glass, Roof, Partitions.
6. Calculation of Temperature Difference for Walls, Glass, Roof, Partitions.
7. Concept of RSHF, GSHF, ESHF, ADP
8. Calculation of dehumidified cfm
9. Coil selection
10. Case study on load calculation: Manual method and using software
1. Industry practices in Duct design and estimation of flow quantities
2. Duct design: Manual calculations and by using software
3. Duct leakage testing.
HVAC Performance Testing, Adjusting and Balancing (TAB)
1. Introduction to Testing, Adjusting and Balancing (TAB)
2. TAB Air system
a. Air Handling Unit: AHU types, Components, AHU testing and Evaluation of
Reserve AHU capacity
b. Fan: Types, Fan laws, Fan and System curves, Fan testing.
c. Measuring Instruments and Limitations
d. Measurement of Air flows:
? Pitot tube,
? Velocity matrix,
? Flow hood,
? Thermal Anemometer,
? Vane type Anemometer
e. TAB Air System: Procedures, Balancing single zone and multi zone systems
3. TAB Hydronic system
a. Pumps: Types, Pump laws, pump and System curves, Pump testing
b. Types of pumping system: Primary, Primary-Secondary, Primary-Secondary
c. Measurement of Hydronic flows:
? Ultrasonic flow meter,
? Balancing valve,
? Rotameter and
? Orifice meter
d. TAB Hydronic system: Procedures, Balancing hydronic system
E. Cleanroom Performance Testing (CPT)
1. Introduction to cleanrooms, types of cleanrooms and their applications
? User Requirement Specifications (URS)
? Design Qualification (DQ),
? Installation Qualification (IQ),
? Operation Qualification (OQ) and
? Performance Qualification (PQ)
3. Understanding ISO 14644 Part 3 (Test Methods)
4. Cleanroom Performance Tests:
? Airflow and Air velocity,
? Air Pressure Difference,
? Installed Filter Integrity test,
? Room Particle count test,
? Containment leak test,
? Light level and Uniformity test, Sound level test, etc.
Various national and international standards related to HVAC.